Sunday, September 27, 2009

GELebration thoughts

GELebration thoughts
(taken from the entry I wrote at my GEL leader's blog)
To God be the glory!!! GELebration turned out to be a blast, although turnout wasnt what we expected.. but nonetheless, it didnt stopped us from having an awesome time of praise and worship on Saturday..Though tiring and all.. but it was all worthwhile and worth it..

I remembered as I was looking at the clock on Saturday, it was about to be 7pm. We had just finished going about the last run through, rushing through dinner and all.. doing everything we should be doing..except PRAY. It was at that moment, that we gathered everyone together and prayed.. We committed the time to God, we prayed for the whole event that will be taking place soon, we prayed for the people coming and all who will be there..

and well, although nothing BIG or miraculous took place immediately.. there wasnt an inflooding of overwhelming response of people coming in.. But as we started the programme, as we started praising God.. I saw 2 girls coming in.. (friends of Ivor from another church)…

That moment.. I was reminded by God.. that we were all too focus on the numbers that were coming for the event, that we forgot the whole point.. GOD is the one who has the ability to touch lives and change hearts… the numbers do not matter, its the individual heart attitude that He is interested in…GELebration didnt turn out to be much of an outreach event.. but more of a time of truly seeking God and praising and worshipping Him as a Youth group..

Not sure for all, but I for one was touched by the presence of God there and then.. that tears started to well up… I thank God for HIS amazing Love and grace for us…

GELebration left me feeling that it was a great and wonderful event.. but I serve a even more Wonderful and Greater God who cares about the Heart more then the Numbers…. =) when heart attitude is right..more hearts will come in to be touched and changed…

So people…Show God to the people out there in the way we lead our lives, in the way we conduct our lives….. (pics out soon..)

No comments: