Thursday, July 08, 2010

At the marketplace...
Just thought I share a little about my new job....

In case you do not know.. Prior to me accepting this current job offer, another place offered me a position as well-as a Lecturer. Yes a lecturer… never imagined myself as one but yupz it was something I didn’t mind trying for, something new and probably has more potential to do new things.. But i guess weighing the pros and cons, and after going through long prayers and waiting upon God.. I decided to give up this Lecturer position and take up my current offer although the other one offered me a higher pay package and really do sounds more WOWz…and hey Lecturer leh… hahah

But wellz I ended up where I am.. 3rd month into my new job now.. so far so good.. but yup.. Wanted to share that Few weeks into my new job.. I kinda experience 'second thoughts' about if this job was really for me… kept thinking of friends in GH and miss the lunch khakis real loads… and from time to time the thoughts of “ hey if you had taken up the lecturer job… I think you will have more opportunities manz” do come and haunt me….

So one day, as I was reading God’s word, on my way to work (well this is the plus point about my new job too… I get to spend time in reading bible on my way to work, which I never had the chance to) this particular passage in Matthew 10:16-20 spoke to me:

“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. On my account, you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say, or how to say it at that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.”

When I read that.. I was like.. WOW.. God You are indeed amazing.. and I know now my purpose here in my new place(let’s call it Marketplace)… breaking down the versus:

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues
->This is very true of my situation. Where previously working in GH-everyone is ‘family-family’ and now in Marketplace.. One needs to be on his/her heels as its no longer as family as before and Now I enter the ‘corporate world’ thingy.. So yupz.. I need to be smart in my dealings and yet be humble and pure and innocent not be corrupted to do like the world does…

On my account, you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
-> I believe this is sooo true too.. I am here at marketplace to be a lighthouse for Christ =)

But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say, or how to say it at that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
->Well I always fear and worry about not knowing what to speak etc.. but yes it’s a reminder and assurance from God that hey.. I do not need to fear, because He will always be with me.. and will give me the wisdom and right words to speak..

So yes… since then.. I kinda look at myself being at Marketplace differently.. I now have something to look forward to every morning when I wake up and head to work… Just want to encourage all that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy all that God has put in place.. but we must never fall prey to it but instead.

We should turn to God’s word and promises always… to know that we have a purpose in the very place God has place us to be at…

No comments: