Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TGIF 2009

TGIF-Thank God It's Friday (2009) TGIF was a blast!!! Was tiring and all, but it was FUN FUN FUN... performers did well... our church though small and limited by resources still managed well.. We are gifted and blessed by God with talented peeps... =)


Peeps who play the musical instruments well, peeps who have great vocals to sings, peeps who can act well, peeps who are good at one thing or another...Ie: to solve the Spot light problem we had.. (no place for spot lights, no budget too), we went to get Ikea lights..and Ivor and Gab thought of the most ingenious idea to put them up.... For me... I used to kinda feel sianz that I cant sing or play any musical instruments..so back then I would usually contribute by joining in those dances or skits we have.. but lately..i've realised.. God's developing me in another area of gift..


The pic above (which is the publicity we used for TGIF) is kinda created by me!! Previously.. our publicity falls on the hands of either the admin aunty in church, but these days.. GEL publicity is done by ourselves..and I've kinda come up with a few interesting ones thus far... and am prety amazed myself.. I Thank God for that.. cos I dunno how to use photoshop, no artistic talent but just a knack for mixing and matching pics and tadah.... hoping to develop that area of skill further.. wanna pick up photoshop too..anyone wanna teach me???


I've realised that previously I used to be the creative and adventurous one that comes up with crazy bold ideas for games..and lately i realised that that creative part in me is being changed to creating other stuffs.. SCRIPTING and directing in a way... friends used to tell me I should have gone into the advertisement line cos of the crazy things i can think of..but now.. I guess that's something I can develop to serve God in... and so yupz... directed and scripted the script for TGIF and of cos HIStory last year.. (with God's help and many others tooo)


so yupz... once agian though limited with skills and all.. i've realised.. God uses people who are willing to be used...and i say again our church though small has been planted with talented and gifted people yet to be used fully by God....but those currently serving God wholeheartedly... well Keep it up folks... for those like me before..not knowing if you have any talent or anything to contribute... PRAY about it... cos God will use you if you are willing.. =)


Anywayz.. Pictures from TGIF:
Pre performance entertainment
Char, Mian and me was dressing up as all kinds of Jesus' time people... to keep people entertained during the refreshment period, before the show... first I was the pharisees together with Mian, then I was Joseph and Mian was the angel and Char was Mary...and then I became the Roman Soldier haha... Scene 1
"Jesus and the Children"
Kids singing and dancing
Scene 2
Jesus and the disciples
Scene 3
The Pharisees doubting Jesus

Sinner and Jesus, Pharisees questioning Jesus"temple becomes marketplace" scene
Jesus carrying the cross
Mother, do not cry for me.... all of this is exactly how its suppposed to be....
"New again" song

The casts for TGIFAnd after the TGIF performance... a few of us together with Boy's gang of friends went to T2 for desserts and dinner..... before going home...
Thanks all who were part of TGIF (either performing, helping out or those who came to join us)... hope the experience had touched and warmed you..and heloed you better understand the true meaning of Good Friday...

No comments: